How to clean your kitchen counters and bins effectively
The heart of a home is often said to be the kitchen. It’s also a place where germs love to gather. Maintaining a home that is clean and germ free requires you to make sure your kitchen – and bins – are regularly taken care of. We’ll show you how.
Cleaning the kitchen, step by step
The kitchen contains more germs than any room in the house. From surfaces, to appliances, to trash cans – all of these areas are homes for harmful germs. All you need is to regularly clean the kitchen and have a trusted product to help you.
Let’s start with surfaces.
- Spray surfaces from top to bottom with a disinfectant cleaner, like Dettol Trigger Kitchen Spray.
- Wipe down cabinet doors, backsplashes, counters, and walls with a cleaning cloth. Grease and grime can build up easily on these surfaces and are hotspots for germs to spread.
- Clean crevices around the sink and faucet with a toothbrush.
- Flush your drains with boiling water once a week.
- Wipe down fridge doors and dishwasher doors with Dettol Disinfectant Spray.
- Sweep daily to prevent dust and grime build-up. When necessary, be sure to clean hard, non-porous floors with Dettol Multi Surface Cleaner.
- No matter what you’re cooking up, your stove needs cleaning. Do so with a degreasing cleaner. Create the habit of taking out the burners and clean them separately with soap and water.
- Remove your stove control knobs to wash them, as well as the surface behind the knob.
- Clean out your refrigerator thoroughly. Throw away all expired food and defrost your freezer regularly to ensure spills and leftovers don’t become problematic.
- Every week, empty the toaster of any crumbs. Turn it upside down into the trash.
- Wipe down the outside of your coffeemaker with a multi-purpose cleaner.
- Take the bin out regularly.
- Always use a dustbin with a lid.
- To combat smells, sprinkle baking soda under the bottom of the bag.
- Take out the rubbish from the bin and use Dettol Disinfectant Spray to spray the outside of the garbage can. Wipe down thoroughly and replace the bin liner.
Now that your kitchen is taken care of, find out how you can keep the rest of your home clean here.